Monday, May 12, 2008

the transition...

Today's To-Do List:

Confirm movers

Pack

E-mail about new apartment

Enjoy friends



So it's almost 1am and a long glorious day is done with a completed to-do list. It was a bittersweet day as I see this awesome chapter of my life coming to an end. I am on the brink of graduating from medical school and about to start training at one of the nation's top pediatric residency training programs. Talk about excitement and being in pure ahhh of the experience. That is of coarse how I feel most of the time but today my feelings are changing. You see...I'm leaving my comfort. Leaving my friends. Moving farther from my family. Today was spent with many of my closest friends and after leaving each of them I hugged them knowing the hugs are limited. This is heartbreaking but I ABSOLUTELY know in my inner most being that I am going where I am suppose to go. I have been hand picked and the thought of that is mind blowing.


So here I go. I'm ready. I'm going to do my best. I'm going to be the best doctor I can be. I'm going to treat those kids with the best care I can possibly give. I'm reading, I'm learning, I'm working from now on for those kiddos. I can't wait. What a privilege!

No comments: